Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting Started -- One at a time Goal Program

Blog about your passions.

My passions revolve around exploring and learning. For 22 years, I pursued a career in science as an experimenter. For much longer, I have been passionate about art, philosophy and outdoor activities such as scuba diving, wind surfing, sailing, hiking and nature photography. More recently, I have grown passionate about understanding how people interact in challenging social situations, and about the psychology of success.

My Handy List of Passions:
1. Celebrating life with attractive women of high standards
2. Gaining mastery in my social skills through massive social interaction
3. Traveling and exploring nature through marine and wilderness adventure sports
4. Designing, recording, creating and capturing beauty through art and technology
5. Mind expanding discovery and self improvement
6. Exploring and discovery through experimenting and scientific investigation

In this blog, I intend to put one of my passions to work for me -- 5. Mind expanding discovery and self improvement -- by laying out a practical program of goals for self improvement, and self actualization... ...and following it.

The program is really a series of goals, goals that I intend to achieve one at a time. It's a series of goals that I have painstakingly sorted and arranged over the last few months. Also, I believe that my choice of goals and the order I've arranged them in is what will work best for how we're hard-wired.

In my next post, I'll list the goals in my program, as I see them now (i.e. the list is subject to revision).

Over time, based on the journey I take with you in this blog, I hope to learn enough and refine my program to the point where I can condense all of the material into an ebook. Publishing this ebook will put me on the path of starting my own internet publishing empire. Along the way, I hope to offer excellent value, and make some money.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!"


Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, paraphrased, from Faust, by John Anster

No comments:

Post a Comment